POLAND-ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > POLAND-ROOTS > 1999-09 > 0938195699

From: Pat Smith <>
Subject: Re: [POLAND] letters
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 1999 13:54:59 -0400

Deb,

I believe it was about 10.00(give or take). I have a friend
at the local PO who takes care of me:) Anyway Sam stamped
that sucker so that if the letter was tampered with someone
would notice. BTW I received a letter from Irena, thanking
us for the money before we received the receipt. I must
tell you that it was worth the 10.00 for peace of mind. I had
a friend send 700.00 to Poland via International MO and
she has NOT received verification yet and this was in July.

At 12:10 PM 09/24/1999 -0500, you wrote:
>Pat,
>I saw your response after I sent one to Walt. What did it cost to send
>it registered? I think when the PO said there was no guarantee that we'd
>get the signed receipt back, I decided against sending it registered and
>that's why I didn't remember that wass an option.
>Debbie
>
>Pat Smith wrote:
>>
>> Walt,
>> I have sent money to my cousins both ways: cash and registered.
>> Usually the smaller amounts i.e. 10.00 or 20.00 in a card.
>> Last year I sent 100.00 and sent it registered. The card was
>> returned to me that they received it.
>> However sometimes
>> the PO there is lax in sending the return receipt.

This thread: