POLAND-ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > POLAND-ROOTS > 1999-09 > 0938385261

From: William Nietfeld <>
Subject: [POLAND] new member
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 1999 15:34:21 -0700

I have just joined this group because I am trying to find some
information on the surnames of KOWALESKI, and WOZNIAK. In particular
my ggrandfather Valentine Kowaleski ( born 14 Feb 1865 in Poland) and my
ggrandmother MaryAnn Wozniak(born 10 Mar 1880 in Krakow Poland). Is
there anyone else working on these surnames? If so I would like to hear
from you. since I have never met anyone from my grandmothers family.

I would also like to say that I have enjoyed reading the things about
food and travel in Poland. I am even thinking about preparing Kolache
for my family and having it with polish sausage (store bought of course)
for a lesson on Poland and the heritage of which we are a part. I have
always been proud to be a decendant of Poland and learning from this
group that October is Polish month I feel it to be an appropriate
activity for my family to learn more about it and them. Thanks for all
the information I have gleaned from you.

Bill

This thread: