POLAND-ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > POLAND-ROOTS > 1999-09 > 0938493745

From: "W. David Samuelsen" <>
Subject: [POLAND] Who's First?
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 1999 22:42:25 -0600

Ralph Molski wrote:
I was going to disagree with Mary about the bragging rights for the
very
first Polish Settlement being in Texas.

It is generally accepted that the first Polish settlers in Portage
County, WI
was the family of Michael von Koziczkowski in 1857. Others soon
followed, and
it is estimated that their were 10,000 Polish settlers there buy the
year
1900. Most of these from the Kaszuby Region.

Hey! What about the group that came May 1852 to Oshkosh, Winnebago
County, Wisconsin?! My 2nd great grandparents (August Bolinski and
wife Marianna Pulaski) were in this group.

W. David Samuelsen

This thread: