POLAND-ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > POLAND-ROOTS > 1999-09 > 0938577250

From: Mike Stupinski <>
Subject: Re: [POLAND] Marking old paper items--and photos too
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 1999 23:54:10 -0400

Carol Menges wrote:

> Is anyone experimenting with Laser Labels by Avery or any other brand of
> address-type labels? When I came home from Europe with 37 rolls of film,
> the last thing I wanted to do was to hand write all the captions. I started
> by computer typing, printing onto regular paper, and then cutting the paper
> into strips, and putting the pertinent strips in the photo holder sleeves
> with the proper photos. However, the strips slip. Now I'm starting over
> with my address-type labels (or slimmer varieties), and my saved-off disk of
> captions. I'll stick those onto the back of the photo and under the photo,
> on the sleeve.

Interesting task ahead of you, Carol. You might try printing the label
info on a full sheet of label paper and then cutting the individual
labels using a paper cutter. This paper is basically a single, 8-1/2 x
11 inch label, and I think Avery makes it. You could then essentially
make the labels any size you wish. (This was an idea I had a year or so
ago, but never followed through on it and tried it.)

This thread: