POLAND-ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > POLAND-ROOTS > 1999-09 > 0938640200

From: <>
Subject: [POLAND] surname list
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1999 17:23:20 EDT

Pat,
I had a similar experience writting letters to people with the same surname
in hopes of making a connection. I got hold of a list of about 75 people with
the same surname (DYGON) and sent them all a nice little letter explaining
who I was and what I was looking for, and nothing to involved as to scare
anyone off, Guess how many answers I got back......2..... thats it!!!! the
two that did return my SSAE, with a nice letter explaining that they had
never heard of the people I was looking for and would not furnish any
Information about their family. Needless to say I was discouraged at that. I
find beloning to these types of list, such as Rootsweb, you have a better
chance at making that right connection.

Marian

This thread: