POLAND-ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > POLAND-ROOTS > 1999-09 > 0938640492

From: Pat Smith <>
Subject: Re: [POLAND] letters
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1999 17:28:12 -0400

Hi Carole& Pat:)

Letter writing campaigns can be a good thing too. In 1994
when starting my research for my Kawa line I didn't have
the tools of the internet- I read and read everything I
could get my hands on- the best was Rosemary Chorzempas Polish
Roots . This book was my bible. I think that every "newbie"
should invest in that book.
Absorb it like a sponge and read everything you can on
the history, customs and culture of our Polish ancestors.

Knowing that some of my family emigrated to Chicago I sent
a header with "Kawa" to at least 20 people in that area.
One answer and it was a bingo! Seems this woman was the daughter
in law of my grandmother's brother . We never knew my grandmother
had a brother let alone two.
She was also kind enough to send me a copy of a photograph
taken ca 1920 with the whole family- ( now I know where my
big ears come from) :))))

Hey go for it- it will only cost postage and you might get
positive results.