POLAND-ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > POLAND-ROOTS > 2000-09 > 0970101625

From: Alice Blevin <>
Subject: [POLAND]
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2000 20:40:25 -0400

Hello Everyone,
I also am new to this Polish web site. I have been performing family
searches off and on for about 3 years with little luck. My gggrandparents
came to NY in 1904. Had additional children and talked very little about
their roots. My grandfather Americanized his name in 1930 and my mom's
family was never allowed to talk about being Polish - and know very little
about the family. From reading this website over the past 2 weeks, I now
have a better understanding of why.

I am also looking for anyone who as come across any of the following names
and or locations:

1. GGrandfather: Wojoiech (Adalbert) Jakala born in Strzelno Poland in
April 1866.
2. GGGrandfather: Marcin Jakala.
3. GGGrandmother: Mariana Grzegorski.

4. GGrandmother: Pelagja (Paraska) Sowik born in Dembno Poland in October
1882.

Thank you for any and all help you can give me.

Alice Blevin

This thread: