POLAND-ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > POLAND-ROOTS > 2000-10 > 0970899865

From: "Richard Sochacki" <>
Subject: [POLAND] Sochacki & Czeszejko-Sochacki
Date: Sat, 7 Oct 2000 14:24:25 +0800

Susan

Thank you for your e-mail. There is always the possibility of a link. My
father's surname was Czeszejko-Sochacki: I do not use the Czeszejko as the
Sochacki is formidable enough in the English speaking world. At some point
in history the two names came together. As for family in Poland, there are
some known distant relations, and by plugging either name individually, or
both names together, into a search engine, apparently many more people
taking the name(s).

You might wish to visit the following web sites for some more information.

(i) Scrolling down through the web page found via the following path will
give you information on the name Sochacki and Czeszejko-Sochacki.

http://www.pgsa.org/nazw12.htm

This information was provided by a very helpful Mr William Hoffman who I
suspect subscribes to this list.

(ii) The second site was created by a Theresa Ludlow who is also interested
in the name Sochacki.

http://genforum.genealogy.com/sochacki/

A glance in the telephone book for Perth, Western Australia (where I live)
reveals a few other Sochacki's who are otherwise unknown to me. But the
world proved small when my daughter's pre-primary school teacher revealed
that her maiden name was Sochacki and that she was interested in finding out
more about the name.

What do you know of the origins of your mother's maiden name?

Richard Sochacki