POLAND-ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > POLAND-ROOTS > 2002-02 > 1013357856

From: Irene Gabon <>
Subject: Re: [POLAND] Pa~cki & Jelly Rolls
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2002 08:17:36 -0800 (PST)

Dziekuje uprzejmie. Irena
Paul Havers <> wrote: Irene

There's the Ognisko Polskie, Air Force Club they are both on Exhibition
Road very close to the Albert Hall
Daquis is at the very end of that road, then there's POSK on the Kings
Road, Hammersmith
it has a few restaurants, also there are a few good shops in King St.
EncaFoods is in Fulham a good Polish shop with almost all the stuff you can
get in Poland(except Vodka)

POSK 238-246 King St.
London W6 0RF
0208 741 3225

Encafood
2 Salisbury Pavement
Dawes Road
Fulham
London, SW6 0207 385 5762

Ognisko Polskie
55 Princess Gate
London
SW7 2PN
0207 589 4670

Paul

At 05:36 02/10/2002 -0800, you wrote:

> Paul could you list the Polish Associations in London including
> the Polish in Exile groups. I was at a couple of
> restaurants {Polish clubs, ) there back in 1984 somewhere around
> Kensignton.
> Irene Aimee Depke wrote: Paul,
>
>Is that Daquise in South Kensington? I used to live in Chelsea, a short
>walk away, and remember hearing lovely Polish spoken there, which I had not
>heard since leaving the US. I felt very much at home there. Did not know
>whether they were still in existence, but then restaurants don't close down
>there as rapidly as they do here.
>
>Irene

Search old messages? Go to
http://lists.rootsweb.com/index/intl/POL/POLAND-ROOTS.html