POLAND-ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > POLAND-ROOTS > 2002-09 > 1032045542

From: Irene Wojcik Gabon <>
Subject: Re: [POLAND] Help with Catholic ceremonies
Date: Sat, 14 Sep 2002 16:19:12 -0700 (PDT)

But is this the festival or ceremony that was in question in Denver. My
Polish cousins who are here until the end of the month tell me that Dozynki
or is it Dorzynki (you can tell it is humid in Mississauga) are being
celebrated in Poland now. There is a Polish song that starts with &#34;Plon,
niesiemy plon, gospodarzu dom.......&#34; translated loosely means we are
gathering the harvest and taking it to the gospodarz or
landlord..........They make wreathes out of hay, wheat, flowers,. barley etc
and decorate churches and offer gifts of harvest to the Bishops, I think I
wrote this before in another post,...........PRZEPRASZAM ( Sorry) I recall
that Marv Kusmierz where IS HE had something on this on his site in
Ancestry The Polish Connection....... Thanks for sharing the site
SERDECZNIE DZIEKUJE. Irena
--- wrote:
&gt; Irene,
&gt;
&gt; very interesting. i put Dozynki into the Google search engine and came up
&gt; with an arrticle by Robert Strybel
&gt;
&gt; http://www.polamjournal.com/Library/Holidays/Dozynki/body_dozynki.html
&gt;
&gt; Noreen
&gt;
&gt;
&gt; ==== POLAND-ROOTS Mailing List ====
&gt; Search old messages? Go to
&gt; http://lists.rootsweb.com/index/intl/POL/POLAND-ROOTS.html
&gt; Go to bottom - see &#34;Archives&#34;
&gt;

=====

Irena Wojcik Gabon

WOJCIK BARAN FROM PACANOW SLUPIA STOPNICA KSIAZNICE KIELCE POLAND

GABON MRAVEC FROM DOLNA LEHOTA,LOPEJ,BREZNO, BRATISLAVA:- KLESKEN MAGAN FROM PREDAJNA SLOVAKIA KANTOR AND HOLKA IN USA