POLAND-ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > POLAND-ROOTS > 2002-09 > 1032645560

Subject: Re: [POLAND] Adversity to Polish Ancestry
Date: Sat, 21 Sep 2002 17:59:20 EDT

Hi, Jean...
You're right about Polish slurs, and other nationalities too, over
countless years! Today its Muslims who are taking the current brunt. I am
not yet totally certain of my own ancestry, but like you, whoever they were,
I am very glad they are, ... or I wouldn't be writing this to you!
I came on this site originally, trying to find my husband's family
roots in Europe. He is Jewish, and his grandfather and g-mother came here to
Ohio around 1878, or maybe twice -- again in 1880. The background on this
paternal side of his heritage is such an interesting mystery, but Grampa
Maurice/Morris/M.A. DAVIS, did specify Pol/Russ/Yiddish on the 1910 Census --
sooo... here I am on this genuinely fun site to read. What ever comes of
this search journey, we (Bob & I) will both be very proud of these roots!!
If we get back as far as Adam & Eve, we'll then go into the
prehistoric aspects -- I have the cutest collection of toy monkeys and
gorillas -- and am fascinated about their habits, capabilities, curiosities
about everything in their environment, including us humans, who like to visit
them in the zoos of America. Well, you get the picture, I'm sure.
Everything created in, on, and above this world is awesome, amazing,
inspiring, wondrously beautiful -- until one of our specie decides to be
selfishly controlling -- and then we record the horror stories of the
resultant effects. The story of Cain and Able should have been enough
history; too bad we don't comprehend the full meaning of History!
I hope it turns out we have LOTS of POLISH ancestors; from Abraham's
sons, all the way down to Christian ones. There's room in my heart for them
all.
Thank you, Jean, I feel you are a kindred spirit! Jo DAVIS ...
searching DAVIS, WEIL, WEISKOPH, ... for openers :)

This thread: