POLAND-ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > POLAND-ROOTS > 2002-09 > 1033053535

Subject: Re: [POLAND] Adversity to Polish Heritage
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2002 11:18:55 EDT

I agree with you completely Paul about the Germans. Being a German whose
family lived in Poland, I understand and agree completely. I believe the
Germans, all of them, knew what was going on, and they for the most part
turned their heads and blocked it out claiming to know nothing. The Nazi
machine was huge, powerful, and deadly to anyone who disagreed or stood in
the way.

But, I personally believe everyone knew what was happening. Even the US
government knew in the last two years of the war, but did nothing to bomb the
tracks leading to Auschwitz.

This thread: