POLAND-ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > POLAND-ROOTS > 2002-09 > 1033169153

From: Debbie Greenlee <>
Subject: Re: [POLAND] Re: Adversity to Polish Heritage
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 18:26:02 -0500

RE: you might go back to that census page(s) and look at the other
people listed on the street. Can you tell from the notations what that
third word refers to? Since it's the word Yiddish, I'd say the people
were Jewish and spoke Yiddish or maybe they weren't Jewish but spoke
Yiddish.
None of this would be odd when listed with Pol/Russ/.
Debbie

wrote:
> Footnote: Still haven't found the place in Europe where an immigrant might have thought to call it: Pol/Russ/Yiddish, in the 1910 Census... any clues welcome.
>
> Best regards to all listers.... Jo DAVIS, searching Maurice/Morris/M.A.
> DAVIS and M. Amelia DAVIS

This thread: