POLAND-ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > POLAND-ROOTS > 2003-04 > 1049574248

From: Debbie <>
Subject: [POLAND] Re: Mrozek Family
Date: Sat, 05 Apr 2003 14:24:15 -0600

D,
Stefzka on the Ellis Island Manifest (as pointed out by Diana) is
probably meant to be the diminutive for Stefania, a girl's name in
Polish. The nickname in Polish would be "Stefka of Stefcia".

It's always best to read all the columns on those documents so you don't
go off researching someone else's family.
Debbie

The James Family wrote:
per my grandfather, his father was Stanley Mrozek...
I think he came with his mother when he was 17 on the New Amsterdam and
his mom was 47 (b abt 1863).
He is listed as "Stefza" but I have seen him listed on the 1920 census
as
"Stephen"

This thread: