POLAND-ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > POLAND-ROOTS > 2003-07 > 1058391607

From: "Jay and Diana" <>
Subject: RE: [POLAND] Help with location of Standesamt of Le~g, Hohensalza (Inowrocl~aw...
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 14:40:37 -0700

Christian: A question (Two actually): I have an 1887 1:25000 scale
Prussian map of Wl~ostowo and environs which I obtained from
Kartenmaster. As this map is so detailed, even including Guts and
churches, if Le~g were located there wouldn't one expect it to be on
that map; especially considering that it was a town which gathered the
information for the civil registry?

Would you please explain the meaning of "(siedziba USC - Wlostowo)" in
your email? I don't understand the meaning. I do know that W~lostow was
the post office for the surrounding areas, as my great-great-grandmother
lived in Rzeszyn and her mail was addressed to Wl~ostowo.

Thank you much for your help.

Diana Grzelak Needham

There is always a song for those who wish to sing.

This thread: