POLAND-ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > POLAND-ROOTS > 2004-04 > 1081127818

From: "Jay and Diana" <>
Subject: RE: [POLAND] Re: How do I proceed?
Date: Sun, 4 Apr 2004 18:19:23 -0700

Bobbi: First, his name is spelled Happowicz in the census but is indexed
at Ancestry as Happowciz, in the 1920 census and spelled Hrapowicz in
the 1930 census, it is just indexed incorrectly as Heapowicz.

He was naturalized, so there should be papers ca. 1911 earliest (for the
DOI) and final papers ca. 1916. Stella born ca. 1910 and Cecelia born
ca. 1911 in Rhode Island. The next child born in Illinois. So the
naturalization papers are probably in Rhode Island. Do you have any idea
where in RI they lived?

Have you located Illinois baptismal, birth and marriage records for the
children? Stella and Cecelia's marriage records may have the county in
Rhode Island in which they were born if you can find the marriage
applications in IL.

Which of the three Kramarzewos in Poland was he from? Was the family
Catholic, Lutheran or other?

Diana Grzelak Needham

There is always a song for those who wish to sing