POLAND-ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > POLAND-ROOTS > 2007-05 > 1180031861

From: Debbie Greenlee <>
Subject: Re: [POLAND] ShetlSeeker
Date: Thu, 24 May 2007 13:37:41 -0500

Gloria,

Shtetlseeker: http://www.jewishgen.org/ShtetlSeeker/LocTown.asp

is a searchable database provided by Jewish Gen. Type in what you
think is the correct spelling of a place name, then in the drop down
box click on Poland (this also works for other countries).

A list of possibilities will be returned with map coordinates and
distance from Warsaw. That last info helps to weed out those that
don't fit.

If you click on the M (in blue) the site will bring up a map.

Debbie