POLAND-ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > POLAND-ROOTS > 2009-11 > 1259571943

From: "Val" <>
Subject: Re: [POLAND] Translation of 2 Business Titles
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 04:05:43 -0500

Hi Patty,

I'm researching the Stojkiewicz and Nazarewicz families. I know the
Stojkiewicz family ancestors of my maternal Grandmother definitely
comes from Zalozce. According to our family stories Mary
Stojkiewicz's parents arranged her marriage with Andrew Nazarewicz.
They found Andrew living across the water living with many men. Once
I researched Zalozce I realized that across the water could be the
water between New and Old Zalozce or across the Seret River. I
imagine that he lived in a boarding house or on a farm although they
said he was a carpenter which is a trade he continued in Canada.
I've found the Stojkiewicz family easier to research since I knew
many of the family in Canada. Unfortunately everyone believed that
Andrew Nazarewicz didn't have any brothers and sisters so I don't
have anyone to give me clues.

Val