POSEN-L Archives

Archiver > POSEN > 1999-06 > 0930635689

From: =James Birkholz= <>
Subject: [POSEN-L] Re: Wischin Neudorf / Schrotthaus
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 1999 00:54:49 -0500

According to Meyers gazetteer...

Wischin Neudorf, village of 288 residents, Kreis Kolmar, Posen.
Civil reg. office was in Wischin.
There were also the village and estate of Wischin and the village of
Wischin Hauland in the vicinity.
{Map copies order info: map #251 left}

It's possible that you may find some records in the films of the Jankendorf.

Protestant Church parish registers and transcripts of baptisms,
marriages, and deaths for Jankendorf, Posen, Germany; now
Sokowo Budzynskie (Chodziez), Poznan, Poland. Volumes
are individually indexed. Includes Budsin (Budzyn) for years
earlier than 1889.

Taufen, Heiraten, Tote 1781-1793 ----------------------- 1194720
Taufen 1816-1908 item 2-4.

Taufen 1908 ------------------------------------------ 1194721
Heiraten 1816-1941
Tote 1816-1852

Tote 1852-1866 ------------------------------------- 1194733
Taufen, Heiraten, Tote 1781-1815 item 1-2

The LDS has filmed Catholic records from Ritschenwalde.

Gramsdorf was actually the closest, but this is all the Mormons have:

Parish register transcripts of baptisms for Gramsdorf (Kr. Obornik),
Posen, Germany; now Bukowiec (Chodziez), Poznan, Poland.
Includes Neuendorf, Zawady, Beyersdorf, HollÀanderdorf, etc.

Taufen 1813-1817 --------------------------------------- 0807972
item 3.
I don't know if Gramsdorf had more records that have been lost, or if there
was only a Protestant church there for those 4 years.

Kirchdorf's another prospect, again I don't know the reason for the short
time period..

Protestant Church parish registers and transcripts of baptisms,
marriages and deaths for Kirchdorf (Kr. Kolmar), Posen, Germany;
now Strozewo (Chodziez), Poznan, Poland. For other years
see Kolmar, Posen, Preu¶en, Germany. Text in German and Polish.

Taufen 1783-1813 ------------------------------------- 1194722
Heiraten 1783-1796 item 7
Tote 1783-1811

=======
At the Posen-L website Towns section (
http://www.flash.net/~birchwd/Genealogy/POSEN_L/towns_alpha.html , then
take the "S-Z" link) you can find this info...

Schroichomo . . . . . . . . . . Znin . . . . . . . . . . 277 D2
Schrotthaus . . . . . . . . . . Obornik . . . . . . . . . . 250 B6
Schrotthaus (M.) . . . . . . . . . . Obornik . . . . . . . . . . 250 B6
Schru?n . . . . . . . . . . Birnbaum . . . . . . . . . . 274 3C

According to Meyers gazetteer...

Schrotthaus, village of 528 residents, Kreis Obornik, Posen.
Civil reg. office was in Ritschenwalde.
It had its own: mill.
{Map copies order info: map #250 right}

Schrotthaus was just NW of Ritschenwalde, while Wischin Neudorf was about 3
villages NE of Ritschenwalde, just across the border into Kreis Kolmar.

The current names are:
Schrotthaus = Skrzetusz
Ritschenwalde = Ryczywo~l~
Wischin Neudorf = Nw. Wies~ Wyszyn~ska

Hope this helps,
James Birkholz,

{Rootsweb supporter}

========== This information extracted from: ===========
"Meyers Orts- & Verkehrs- Lexikon des Deutschen Reichs - 1912"
info: http://www.flash.net/~birchwd/Genealogy/GGRA/Resources/Meyers.html
========= (Civil reg. offices started about 1874) ========

At 6:14 PM -0500 6/28/99, Jeremy Kaus wrote:
>Does anyone know anything about either of these two villages?
>One is Weschen (or Wescken) Neudorf in Kries Kolmar.
>The other one I am not sure of the spelling--it is something like
>Schrottlaccus--I am not sure of the last three letters. This town is in
>Kries Obornik. Any help would be appreciated.
>

>Thank you,
>
>Jeremy Kaus

This thread: