POSEN-L Archives

Archiver > POSEN > 2009-05 > 1241695447

From: =James Birkholz= <>
Subject: [POSEN] New resource: Geneteka.pl
Date: Thu, 07 May 2009 06:24:07 -0500

There seems to be a new Polish player in the online genealogy field.
Very little of the site is in English, however. One area of this site is:

>http://www.geneteka.genealodzy.pl/ - BMD Records for 12 of the Polish
>provinces, Belarus, Lithuania & Ukraine.
After selecting a province (e.g. Wielkopolskie or Kujawsko-pomorskie),
you can search for names in the records that they have indexed so far.
Ksie~ga = parish
od roku = from year
do roku = to year
Nazwisko = name
Wyszukiwanie dokladne = exact spelling
pozycji na stronie = number of results to display
Wyszukaj = search

You don't have to specify an exact parish,
Wszystkie - wszystkie ksie~gi = all parishes
You can also limit the type of records searched:
Urodzenia (B) = births
Mal~z~en~stwa (S) = Marriages
Zgony (D) = Deaths

There are a few Protestant records included, e.g. Kreuz parish in Poznan city

I've added this info to the Surnames section of our Resources ariticle:
http://www.birchy.com/GenWiki/index.php?title=Genealogy_Resources:_Posen

If you are researching Congress Poland areas:
>Index of Polish marriages until 1899 & other databases:
>http://www.przodkowie.com/metryki/en.php

James Birkholz
administrator (Betreuer der), Posen-EN mailing list & website
http://Posen-L.com & http://Birchy.com/GenWiki

This thread: