POSEY-L Archives

Archiver > POSEY > 2010-11 > 1289608993

From: ,
Subject: Re: [POSEY] Oliver Knox Posey Genealogy
Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2010 00:43:13 -0000

Author: wilks0912
Surnames: Posey, Rainwater, Cory, Phieffer, Brown
Classification: queries

Message Board URL:

http://boards.rootsweb.com/surnames.posey/715.8/mb.ashx

Message Board Post:

Yay!!!!
I am your relative!! I am Loralie Anne (Brown)Wilks; the daughter of Raymond Keith Brown of Michigan and Erma Mae (Cory) Brown of Geary, Oklahoma. Erma had two sisters (Edna and Dorothy) and four brothers (Lloyd, George, Donald and Henry-who died when he was a baby).
She had an Aunt Buela, who had quite a mind of her own as she had been married a few times more than the norm. My Mom used to take me to Geary when I was in grade school and Jr High; where she would spend hours at the library to look up family history (that she sent to my Aunt Dorothy who is also now passed). We would visit graves and visit old neighbors. The house that she was born in was still standing the last time I was there.
One of the neighbors was a very old couple and I remember the man getting a harsh look and word from his wife after he remarked about how bueatiful my Mom's Aunt Buela was.
I remember a newspaper article that had a photo with a side profile of Oliver Knox Posey (who was a doctor? and a Church of Christ preacher? (the Chuch also was still standing and in use).
I also remember a visit to the cemetary when we left shortly after arriving, when I asked why my Mom said it was because her Grandmother or Great-Grandmother was upset at her for not visiting for so long??? Weird huh?
I am not a paid member, is ther any way that I can view your info as a guest? I am pretty new at this. You can reach me @ or on Facebook under Loralie Wilks/ (we have a bunch of other relatives on Facebook)!!!
Thank You, Lorie

Important Note: