POWELL-DNA-L Archives

Archiver > POWELL-DNA > 2009-11 > 1258508809

From: WILLIE POWELL <>
Subject: Re: [POWELL-DNA] The "Isle of Wight" - William & Nathaniel PowellFw: [POWELL] The 5 Powell Brothers - 1685
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2009 17:46:49 -0800 (PST)

Hi Elaine,
Yes I have seen the book, In fact I have my own ($$$) copy of both volumes. I live in Jacksonville and when our main library expanded a few years ago they had a copy also.
I have looked for years to find a firm link to the 2 famous Virginians, however no proof has every been shown to me. I do think Thomas of Isle of Wight had a reason to name his 2 sons "William and Nathaniel". At least one of the 2 famous William and Nathaniel's had a brother named Thomas in London. I have seen folks try to link our Thomas to both of them in several different ways.
One day we will know (I hope)....
By the way, I understand that George Travis Powell left all his research notes and allot more info in the library up in Macon Ga. And that with an appointment you can go through them...sounds like a great road trip???

Willie

PS: I just got back from Virginia this weekend, really bad flooding up there, glad I have a 4x4....