POWYS-L Archives

Archiver > POWYS > 1999-05 > 0928143171

From: "WFHA" <>
Subject: Re: Griffith, Mosten
Date: Mon, 31 May 1999 10:32:51 +0100

Sans Smith wrote, by way of Malcolm Bebb:
... my grandfather's family was from "Lynn, Carnarvan, Wales"... Where
is Lynn, Carnarvan, Wales located today?

Hi Sans,

I think "Lynn, Carnarvan, Wales" is probably referring to the Lleyn
Peninsula in the county of Caernarfonshire in North Wales. It's the part
of Caernarfonshire that pokes out into the Irish Sea.
Check it out on my map of the counties of Wales at
The counties map is the third map you come to as you scroll down the
page. Caernarfonshire is labelled with #2.

Best wishes,

John Ball (Ystalyfera, South Wales)
John's Welsh Family History Archive:
Julie's Welsh Surname List: