POWYS-L Archives

Archiver > POWYS > 2001-03 > 0983906800

From: "Brian Harvey" <>
Subject: Re: CWMYOY
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2001 19:26:40 -0000

Hi,
It is in Monmouthshire. Ordnance Survey Reference
SO 28402270 according to my Noncomformist Register of Wales and it is the in
the Parish Registers as well but not in the 1891 Placename Index.
I have just found it in our road atlas and it is in the wonderful Brecon
Beacons north west of Crickhowell - 4 inches as the crow flies and that is
at scale of 1 1/2 mile for each inch so that is 6 miles, I think!
You should be able to find it on one of the map sites such as
http://uk2.multimap.com/home.html
Regards,
Margaret Harvey