POWYS-L Archives

Archiver > POWYS > 2001-05 > 0988921801

From: rod long <>
Subject: Re: Death Cetificate
Date: Thu, 3 May 2001 13:30:01 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks a million for that Keith. Glad you got
something out of it as well. I am at work at the
moment but when I get home I am going to look for a
black and white photo of my great grandfather standing
on some steps by a front door! Its got to be the place
you sent me. I remember him taking my father for a
pint at the local Groes hotel when I was about 10. We
stopped for a drink ourselves in 1998 when we were
back home on holiday but I hadn't got that far with my
research and didn't really know what I was looking
for.
I drove back and forth through Tyn-y-Groes but didn't
recognise anything, althouth it was 46 years since I
was last there!
Thanks again, Rod