POWYS-L Archives

Archiver > POWYS > 2001-05 > 0989096639

Subject: Kellys FRETWELL and FARRINGTON
Date: Sat, 5 May 2001 17:03:59 EDT

Hi Elaine,
Just three entries for you and I hope they are yours cos they have a lot of
detail attached to them.
Whilst on the subject can I ask that if anyone wants a look up of the Kellys
Landed Gentry etc. then I MUST have a full name ie, christian also as there
are multiple entries.
FARRINGTON.
Maj. Sir Henry Francis Colden FARRINGTON 7 bart. (1818)
only son of 6 bart (d. 1944)
Born 1914 educ Haileybury. Marr. 1947 Anne eldest daughter of late Major W.A.
GILLAM D.S.O.
1 son 1 daughter. 2Lt. RA`s 1936 served 1939-45 North Africa, Eighth Army and
Italy. Major 1949.
Heir - Son, Henry William FARRINGTON b. 1951.

FARRINGTON
Lady Dorothy Maria. only daughter of Francis John Farrington (d 1945) of
Webbery Cross, Bideford, Devon. Born 1885, married 1906 to Sir Henry Anthony
FARRINGTON 6 bart (d 1944)
Address Malmesbury Wilts
Note: As written so Farrington married Farrington

FRETWELL
Sir George Herbert FRETWELL KBE (1953) CB (1950) M.I.C.E.
Son of Herbert FRETWELL of Ripley, Derbyshire.
Born 1900, Educ. Heanor Gr Sch.
Married 1930 to Constance Mabel, daughter of George RATCLIFFE of Woodford
Green, Essex
Dep Dir Works Air Ministry (1945). Dir (1946) Dir Gen from 1947.
Constitutional Club;
Address: Bycullah Road, Enfield, Middlesex.

Regards,

Keith Roberts.

This thread: