POWYS-L Archives

Archiver > POWYS > 2001-05 > 0989304617

From: Graham Price <>
Subject: Re: Churchwardens' Accounts
Date: Tue, 08 May 2001 16:50:17 +1000

At 07:44 PM 7/05/01, wrote:
>Thanks Graham,
>
>My wife is Audrey Price from Rhayader, her grandparents used to farm at the
>Groe farm Elan Valley, and is now under the water.Her brother Peter lives in
>Rhayader.
>
>We are seeking Benjamin and Isaac Bound from Nantmel, Rads, who left here
>about 1900 it seems and were never heard of again. They would have been in
>their twenties in 1900. They were brothers to my cousin's grandmother Mary
>Bound. Any news of them in OZ would be nice.
>
>Many thanks,
>
>Dennis Cleaton
>Llandrindod Wells, Rads.

Oooh, this is a difficult one. They could have gone anywhere in Oz, come
into one of many ports, but if you are patient next time I'm with a few
hours to spare and am at the State Library or the Public Record Office,
I'll have a go. Can't have missing persons, or their descendants, floating
around this country! P.S. There are some Peate folk in your district who I
think are related. I have an obituary from Shropshire that links them. I
did write, but have not received a reply. Know anything about them, by any
chance? Probably live next door!
Better reply offline, eh?

P.P.S. Just noted your other email. What is Bill Barker's Mont CD? Although
I have a total print-out of all ROGERS from the 1851 Montgomeryshire
census, you have me wondering if there is not more information awaiting?
Regards
Graham

This thread: