POWYS-L Archives

Archiver > POWYS > 2001-05 > 0989333878

From: "Brian Jones" <>
Subject: Re: ROBERT GEORGE SMITH
Date: Tue, 8 May 2001 15:59:33 +0100

Julie,

Thanks for your message

What I am looking for is any connections with this guy.

Hopefully there may be someone out there who is also looking for him.

The only 20th century reference I have of him is a photo taken of him in
uniform in 1916, Egypt.

I have wasted a lot of money trying to accurately trace his army career. I
have since discovered that the Robert G Smith these people said was mine was
in fact the wrong fellow. Still ya takes ya chances!

I thought I would contact this list to see if anyone else was researching
this SMITH family.

All the best,
Brian
http://www.familytreemaker.com/users/j/o/n/Brian-Jones/