POWYS-L Archives

Archiver > POWYS > 2001-05 > 0989757127

From: "Julie Preston" <>
Subject: Blanket Answer -- Land Tax Assessments on LDS Microfilm
Date: Sun, 13 May 2001 08:32:07 -0400

Hi all,

To answer the question as to which Land Tax Assessments are available on LDS
microfilm --- they have microfilmed *only* the LTA's held by the PRO for
1798-ca.1800 for all of the Welsh counties.

There are earlier and later LTA's held at the National Library, Aberystwyth,
and they're listed by *hundred*. If anyone wants details on those, please
contact me off-list and tell me which *hundred* and parish you're interested
in within a given county.

BTW, this booklet was published in 1984 so it's always possible more bits
have surfaced since then and also possible the various county archives may
have microfilms of those held by the NLW, so you might want to contact them
if you have access to the county archives offices.

Regards,

Julie Preston

This thread: