POWYS-L Archives

Archiver > POWYS > 2001-05 > 0989918395

From: STAN AND JUSTINE ORME <>
Subject: Re: the Jones girl
Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 21:19:55 +1200

Did you get a copy of my GRIFFITHS 1851 census spreadsheet?
I keep saying I'm not going to do Jones, but I keep hearing all these
people wailing and then find some for myself, so MAYBE, it's only a maybe
for a spreadsheet.
- yeah, if I take a month off work.

ok, we'll all get to work and try and find her for you - right guys???

cheers

Justine

Lois Carrington wrote:

> Awww, well . . . here it is, Justine
>
> Grandfather was William Griffiths, born 16 7 1858 "The Oaks" Farm,
> Llandewi-Ystradenny, Rads
>
> Parents: father James Griffiths b ca 1831 L-Y, mother Hannah nee
> Lloyd b ca 1834 Llanfihangel-Rhydithon
>
> Hannah's father was Richard Lloyd b ca 1807 L-R, and his wife wed on
> 10 5 1826 was Hannah Dakins, bpt 23 8 1807 L-R
> Hannah's father was William Dakins, bpt 21 8 1785 L-R and - wait for
> it! - his wife was Mary JONES, whom he wed on 27 10 1812 L-R
>
> There's more....... but any advance on the above would be little
> short of a miracle. Several of our most erudite and kindly Listers
> have sent me Griffiths Trees, reading downwards, but I think the
> greatest stumbling block is that Hannah-the-mother-of William
> Griffiths "ran off" across the border, being joined by some of her
> children later (little William was with his Lloyd grandparents at
> Bwlch fs\arm, in the neighbourhood,at the 1861 census
>
> In due course the eldest boy emig'd to USA, and My chappie came to Oz.
>
> Over and out Lois

This thread: