POWYS-L Archives

Archiver > POWYS > 2001-05 > 0991344507

From: "Lloyd Lewis" <>
Subject: Re: Evans in Rhayader
Date: Thu, 31 May 2001 22:29:26 +0100

Hi Kathryn,
Here are the details of Margaret and family from the 1881 census. David her
husband had died before the census.

PRO Ref RG11 Piece 5475 Folio 50 Page 5
Dwelling Cwrtygareg, Llanwrthwl, Breconshire.

Margaret Evans Head Farmer of 6 acres.
Widow age 45 Born Cwmtoyddwr(sic) Radnorshire.

Arthur Evans Son Scholar age 15 b. Llanwrthwl
David Evans Son Scholar age 12 b. Llanwrthwl
Minnie Evans Dau. Scholar age 10 b. Llanwrthwl
Eda Evans Dau. Scholar age 8 b. Llanwrthwl

In 1891 they are not living at Cwrt y Gareg.

The only Cox family living in Rhayader were Henry and his wife Catherine
Jane.
Catherine died 27.04.1952 age 69 and Henry died 26.04.1953 age 87 both are
buried in Cwmdauddwr Parish Church.
On the grave stone is scribed
" The lamp of love still softly burns"

Hope this will further your research.