POWYS-L Archives

Archiver > POWYS > 2002-02 > 1014710903

From: "Paul Vivash" <>
Subject: Re: CHARLES/ EDWARDS (N0n-Gen)
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 08:08:31 -0000

Hi David!

Living in Wales, we take "Wales on Sunday" which had an interesting article
this week comparing the legendary Barry John with Jonny Wilkinson, the
current England player. This arose from Jonny being tagged the new English
"Barry John" and used various criteria which resulted in a points victory
for Barry but the concensus was that it was quite a close-run thing with
Jonny having time to catch up.

The only area where Barry clearly lagged behind was "tackling" but I imagine
he was too busy scoring and making tries to have much time or need for that
skill:-)

Cheers

paul