POWYS-L Archives

Archiver > POWYS > 2004-06 > 1088457640

From: "Sue" <>
Subject: Re: [POWYS] Breast Bach Boughrood
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 22:39:27 +0100

----- Original Message -----
From: "Heather Smith" <>
To: <>
Sent: Friday, June 25, 2004 7:28 PM
Subject: [POWYS] Breast Bach Boughrood

> Does anyone know anything about this place, please? Is it a district, a
farm
> or a house? My Howell Lewis died there aged 55 years in 1817. I am still
> trying to locate his marriage to a Sarah around 1785 and his baptism
around
> 1762.
>
> Sarah Lewis his wife died 7th February 1838 at Penyrhewl aged 78 years.
> Anne Lewis one of their daughter's was buried on 22nd July 1838 at
Boughrood
> aged 36 years. The place name is a slightly different spelling of the
place
> where Sarah died, Penyrheol. Does anyone know anything about this place
too?

> Thanks Heather

Hi Heather,

This couldbe the Pen yr heol which is near Llanigon. There is a small
Chapel right up in the mountain which is still used and quite a large
graveyard. Unfortunately it is not easy to guide you there and if you got
to Llanigon and surrounding area it would be best to ask the way. We had
difficulty finding it when we went looking for it.

HOpe you find what you are looking for.

Best wishes

Suein Suffolk

This thread: