POWYS-L Archives

Archiver > POWYS > 2005-05 > 1116733705

Subject: Re: Pugh connections?
Date: Sat, 21 May 2005 23:48:25 EDT

Julie,
Yes, I assumed "Radenshire" is the Iowa spelling for Radnorshire! I'm
really interested in your Pugh records as I'm grasping for clues to our Jane Pugh's
past. I think it's likely that Jane's birthdate, Jan 6, 1842, and the
report that she "came to Toronto as a baby" are both accurate. (Also, marriage to
Richard Lewis Nov 14, 1861 in Kenosha, Wisconsin-- 8 children including my
grandpa Frank Lewis born 1880.) Jane was buried following Baptist services--
Richard Lewis was LDS. What do you think about Hugh Pugh being in his
mid-60's when Jane was born--and having the gumption to emigrate at that age? Of
course, if he died at 96, he was still a "spring chicken" at only 65! Thank
you for sharing this helpful/hopeful info. If these are my Pughs I have some
"elder" cousins who will be so pleased to learn of this. I would be much
obliged if someone could check the 1841 Census as you mentioned. Thanks again,
Pat Lewis

This thread: