POWYS-L Archives

Archiver > POWYS > 2005-09 > 1126760540

From: Anthony Francis <>
Subject: Re: [POWYS] Tell us your interests- ASHTON & EVANS
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2005 22:02:20 -0700

Hi 'Cherie' (previously D.Evans)

I searched through all 23 folders of Evans on Bill Barker's CD for a
Richard born 1817 to Evan Evans but failed to find him listed.

The nearest I got was amongst the EVANS of Llangadfan.Blowty:
6350: EVAN EVANS - born ca 1760 to 1780; m by 1802 JANE DAVIES (wife called
JANE DAVIES on 1802-11 bp rec.). Was a butcher of Blowty in 1802 and a
butcher of Cyffin in 1805. Richard, son of Evans Evans, butcher, & wife
Jane (formerly Davies) of township Bryngwaeddan, was born 19 Oct 1811.
6351: JANE b Llangadfan, Wales 18 Nov 1802 (BT)
6352: ELIZABETH b Llangadfan, Wales 26 Jan 1805 (BT)
6353: RICHARD b Llangadfan, Wales 19 Oct 1811 (BT)
-which is the wrong date and place. You don't say where you found him.

Or what about these in Llangadfan - which is also duplicated under Llanerfyl
6350: EVAN EVANS - born ca 1776; m (by banns, by John Lloyd, Curate; as
bachelor of the local parish) Llanerfyl, Wales 1 Sep 1800 JANE DAVIES,
spinster of Llanerfyl (wit. David Jones, Oliver Davies [BT]; Gwynne's
Marriage Index has married 1 Dec 1800;) (wife called JANE DAVIES on 1802-11
bp rec.). Was a butcher of Blowty in 1802 and a butcher of Cyffin in 1805.
Evan, son of Evan Evans, butcher, & w. Jane (Davies) of township Cyffin,
born Llangadfan, Wales 1 May 1807 (BT). Catherine, dau of Evan Evans,
butcher, & w. Jane (Davies) of township Bryngwaeddan, born 6 Aug 1809
(ibid.). Richard, son of Evans Evans, butcher, & wife Jane (formerly
Davies) of township Bryngwaeddan, was born 19 Oct 1811. Evan Evans
(butcher, age 65) was at Pen y belan on the 1841 Llangadfan census with
Jane Evans (age 65). See EVANS of Blowty, Llangadfan.
6351: ELIZABETH b Llanerfyl, Wales 24 Mar 1801 (BT); pr. died young
6352: JANE b Llangadfan, Wales 18 Nov 1802 (BT)
6353: ELIZABETH b Llangadfan, Wales 26 Jan 1805 (BT)
6354: EVAN b Llangadfan, Wales 1 May 1807 (BT)
6355: CATHERINE b Llangadfan, Wales 6 Aug 1809 (BT)
6356: RICHARD b Llangadfan, Wales 19 Oct 1811 (BT)
-which seems to be the same family but with more children and all their
ref.nos. mixed up.

Bill file of ASHTON families makes two references to Carno:

7011: CHARLES ASHTON - m (by banns, as local resident) Carno, Wales 20 Apr
1816 JANE JONES (Gwynne's Marriage Index).

7191: VALENTINE ASHTON - m (by lic., as resident of Trefeglwys) Carno,
Wales 26 Feb 1815 ELIZABETH HUMPHREYS, widow of Carno (Gwynne's Marriage

Bill's file on the parish of Carno didn't turn up anything helpful to you
on the Richard Evans : Ann Ashton families. Very sorry.

cheers, Tony in White Rock - going away again for a few days.

>Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2005 17:14:52 -0700
>From: Cherie <>
>Subject: Re: [POWYS] Tell us your interests- ASHTON & EVANS
>To: Anthony Francis <>
>
>Tony,
>
>Richard Evans and Ann Ashton have been my brick wall for so long I've almost
>given up hope. But here is what I recently found on them,
>Richard Evans is the son of Evan Evans born in 1817, I have two residences
>listed for him Tynsarn and Dolwen.
>Ann Ashton's father is Charles Ashton and the residence I have for her is
>Penshyddlan. Richard was born in trefeglwys and Ann was born in Carno.
>That's all the information I have. After looking at the 1841 census I think
>I've narrowed down the search for Charles Ashton and wife..........but now I
>need to figure out if it is the right one.
>I hope this little information has helped.

This thread: