POWYS-L Archives

Archiver > POWYS > 2006-03 > 1141788351

From: Venita Roylance <>
Subject: Re: [POWYS] Royal Navy records (Was Jones in and around Dowlais)
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2006 20:25:51 -0700

Hi Margaret,

Could you expand on this a bit, please? Is it possible to find records
for the ordinary sailor, not just the officers? What information does
one need to do a search? Are these records available outside of Kew?
What does is cost to have a search done at Kew? My Welsh grandfather
served in the Royal Navy for four years, and I would love to have more
information about his service.

Many thanks,

Venita

Homepage: Family History and Other Fascinations
http://homepage.mac.com/venitar/home.html

My Views of Wales
http://homepage.mac.com/venitar/Travels/Travels.html

Just Picture It - Wales (Links to other photo sites)
http://homepage.mac.com/venitar/Photolinks/photolinks.html