POWYS-L Archives

Archiver > POWYS > 2006-03 > 1141788351

From: Venita Roylance <>
Subject: Re: [POWYS] Royal Navy records (Was Jones in and around Dowlais)
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2006 20:25:51 -0700

Hi Margaret,

Could you expand on this a bit, please? Is it possible to find records
for the ordinary sailor, not just the officers? What information does
one need to do a search? Are these records available outside of Kew?
What does is cost to have a search done at Kew? My Welsh grandfather
served in the Royal Navy for four years, and I would love to have more
information about his service.

Many thanks,

Homepage: Family History and Other Fascinations

My Views of Wales

Just Picture It - Wales (Links to other photo sites)

On Mar 7, 2006, at 9:03 AM, wrote:

> Hi! It might be a bit expensive, but the archives at Kew in London
> (TNA)
> have the most wonderful records of the Royal Navy. There are several
> professional researchers who know their way round these archives, and
> might even know
> if there was a list of deserters. If this is of use, I can recommend
> a name.
> Margaret Sanders from Wiltshire
> ==== POWYS Mailing List ====
> Visit the Powys Mailing List webpage at