POWYS-L Archives

Archiver > POWYS > 2006-03 > 1141808347

From: <>
Subject: Re: Re: [POWYS] Royal Navy records (Was Jones in and around Dowlais)
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2006 8:59:07 +0000

I suggest looking at the National Archives site. You can search catalogues online, & if you identify a document you want (e.g. the army service record of the brother of an ancestor of mine who may have been at Waterloo, which another researcher found yesterday) you can request a quote from them for copying it. There are hundreds of thousands of such records of ordinary soldiers.

And of course, some documents (e.g. wills) can be downloaded as .pdf files - for a fee.

Website: http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/

Paul