POWYS-L Archives

Archiver > POWYS > 2006-03 > 1141852660

From: Paul Irving <>
Subject: Re: [POWYS] Sanders
Date: Wed, 08 Mar 2006 21:17:45 +0000

To make amends for my previous carelessness -

1841 census, Cottage Place, Crosby Row, Bermondsey, Southwark, SRY
Thomas Sanders 30 Mason Born out of county
Sarah 30 - N
Emily 7 Y
James 5 Y
Sarah 2 Y
Thomas 6m Y
Children all born in county

HO107-1047 Folio 3/30 page 19
County SURREY
Superintendent Registrar's District ST MARY MAGDALEN BERMONDSEY
Registrar's District LEATHER MARKET
Enumeration District No 8
Parish BERMONDSEY
City
Township
Place CROSBY ROW COTTAGE PLACE
Household Number 965

(courtesy of British Origins - much better indexed than Ancestry)

EMILY SANDERS
Birth: 20 OCT 1833
Christening: 17 NOV 1833 Saint Mary, Newington, Surrey,
England
Father: THOMAS SANDERS
Mother: SARAH

THOMAS SANDERS
Christening: 03 JAN 1841 Saint Mary Magdalene,
Bermondsey, London, England
Father: THOMAS SANDERS
Mother: SARAH

Find Thomas in the BMD index, get his birth certificate, & you'll have
his mothers maiden name. With that, you should be able to identify their
marriage.

Paul