POWYS-L Archives

Archiver > POWYS > 2006-10 > 1159787019

From: ann bryan <>
Subject: Re: [POWYS] BRE Davies 1841 Census (ANN)
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2006 12:03:39 +0100 (BST)

Hello Norma.
I presume you have now had the message from another"lister" about the occupation of Sawyer?
Have now found the occs of the Bells.
Lemuel Bell was a Tailor. William J Bell a Post Office worker and poor old John at the age of 78 (in 1891) was down as a General Labourer. The rest are scholars or at home being as they are of pre-school age.
I looked for the family again in 1901 and it seems that Lemuel had died. Found his (presumed) death on FreeBMD----March quarter 1893 aged 48 in Brecknock.
There were a few John Davies's but the only two that matched the age was John Davies aged 81 June 1892 and JD aged aged 84 in 1895, both registered in Brecknock.
Can't find a death for Elizabeth Davies of the correct age. She died between 1881 and 1891.
Is there anything more I can look up for you?
Cheers.
Ann.