POWYS-L Archives

Archiver > POWYS > 2008-09 > 1221803174

From: Malcolm Bebb <>
Subject: Re: [POWYS] Tawel Fan, Llanbrynmair
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2008 06:46:14 +0100

A little background that might be of interest:

"I came across your research on Bebb family history while googling 'Tawelfan'. My parents have lived in the old farmhouse of Tawelfan for the past 15 years. The old farmhouse was derelict for many years prior to its refurbishment in the late 1980's, the old part of the house is still intact, with its original inglenook fireplace and its said to date back to the 15th century and we believe that it was known as a meeting place. Tawelfan is translated as Quiet-place, it a wonderful location with views looking down on the villages of Llan and Llanbrynmair."

Cheers,

Malcolm

This thread: