POYTHRESS-L Archives

Archiver > POYTHRESS > 2006-10 > 1160971042

From: Barbara Neal <>
Subject: Re: [POYTHRESS] Poythress in Oxford
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2006 21:57:22 -0600

Teresa, re your 1st question, "Any of you with kin in the Oxford
area...can any of you claim a man going by the name "babe" or "baby" in
the late 1800's early 1900's. He also would have been know to make
"moonshine" I believe he may have been Peter or Jack."

While I don't have any known kin in the Oxford area, your question rang
a distant bell. I found some of the same characters in this old message
that I found by searching our List archives. I'll copy it below, in case
any of Lyn's comments back in 1999 help now. I know that sometimes when
I take a 2nd look at something I saw years ago, I see more on the 2nd time.

Note: to anyone wanting to search our Poythress List archives by any
key-word, go to:
on "Interactive Search" and there, type in "Poythress" Then you can
search on any key-word, such as "Jack" for any year, and get a list of
all the messages that included that word.

From the archives, searching on the word "moonshine" I found the below
message, from 4 Feb 1999. It is one that Lyn Poythress Baird posted,
quoting some of your message of 31 Jan 1999. Lyn's comments are inside
square brackets [like this] and he put your comments in quotes.
Cheers, Barbara
= = =