POYTHRESS-L Archives

Archiver > POYTHRESS > 2007-02 > 1172122391

From: Bryan Poythress <>
Subject: [POYTHRESS] Lewis Poythress and before
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 21:33:11 -0800 (PST)

This may be a huge can of worms to open, but then
again, maybe someone out there has already thought of
this and researched it. How is it known that Lewis is
the fifth generation since Francis 1? (as posted in
"Descendants of Lewis Poythress" Lewis5 Poythress
(Thomas4, Thomas3, Francis2, Francis1) was born Abt.
1770 in Virginia, and died 1847. It seems to me that
there is a missing link somewhere in this line. I'm
not sure that there is enough generations to cover the
spread of years shown here. From what I have read,
Thomas4 would have been about 41 when Lewis5 was born.
Thomas3 would have been about 46 when Thomas 4 was
born. Francis2 would have been about 53 when Thomas3
was born. The age difference isn't out of the
question, of course, it just seems unlikely for the
times. Maybe the dates I have read are incorrect. Is
there any new information out there?

Bryan