POYTHRESS-L Archives

Archiver > POYTHRESS > 2010-07 > 1280156173

From: "John" <>
Subject: Re: [POYTHRESS] Richard Pace and Francis Poythress
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2010 10:56:13 -0400

Randy:
Thank you for the compliment. I have done much research and land plotting,
along with Valerie Tice historian of the Pace Society, to come to my
conclusions. Surprisingly to me, the article has drawn little attention. I
know that traditionally Rebecca was thought to have been the daughter of
John Cogan, however, I feel the dispersal of the Richard Tye, Old Town land
plat coupled with the testimony of John Jane disproves that theory. I also
realize that traditional opinions are hard to change because I have been
through a lot changing some opinions of Pace Genealogy published in the book
by Bruce Howard. However, I am not the first person to state that Rebecca
was the daughter of Tye and not Cogan, see The Descendants of Cheney Boyce
"Ancient Planter", by John Brayton published 1996. I had read Mr.
Brayton's opinions before, then after the land platting was complete, I was
convinced he was right about Rebecca's parentage. And to be quite honest, I
had always felt that Francis Poythress and Richard Pace had to have had some
blood relationship, even after the Richard Pace and Rebecca Poythress [the
younger] marriage had been dispelled. I knew no other means to make the
information public other than opening a website and hope the article at
least opens a new dialogue on the subject.

John Pace