PRATHER-L Archives

Archiver > PRATHER > 2001-07 > 0996157286

From: "Jeanine Wichman" <>
Subject: [PRATHER] RE: PRATHER-D Digest V01 #107
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2001 09:21:26 -0500

What documentation do we have that William Marion Prather is the son of
Philip John (John Philip) and Susannah Hubbard Middleton? The children
listed in the sworn statement on Susannah Hubbard Prather Hammond does not
list William and he died after his 1848. Refer to the statement below.

This is what I have found concerning Susannah's application for a
Revolutionary War Pension:

"Widow (Susannah Hammond) applied (Revolutionary War Pension # W9052) 3
November 1846, Pickens District, South Carolina aged 89. They had 3
children during the Revolutionary War and afterwards they moved to South
Carolina where soldier (Philip Prater) died in 1797 and she married 2nd to
William Hammond who left her after living with her some 2 years."

"On 8 April 1850, one Miles M. Norton was administrator of widow's (Susannah
Hammond} estate in Pickens District, South Carolina and stated widow died 9
August 1848 leaving children; John, Thomas, Philip, Jeremiah, Aaron, Josiah
and Joseph Prater (the sons Thomas and Philip had not been heard from in 12
to 15 years)"

Source: "Genealogical Abstracts Of Revolutionary War Pension Files", Volume
III: N - Z, - Page 2755, Abstracted by Virgil D. White, published in 1992
by The National Historical Publishing Company, Waynesboro, TN - ISBN:
0-945099-18-5, This is Volume 3 of a 3 Volume Set, ISBN: 0-945099-15-0.

Regards,

Bill Prather
Fort Worth, Texas

Jeanine Wichman