PREBLE_CO_OH-L Archives

Archiver > PREBLE_CO_OH > 2005-03 > 1109803377

From: Wally <>
Subject: Re: Bolman Troth: the plot thickens
Date: Wed, 02 Mar 2005 14:42:57 -0800

Please reply ONLY on the Board (links below):
The following new messages have been posted on the Queries & Discussion
Board at <http://www.darkeman.net/webbbs/preble/webbbs_config.pl>;. Each
query has its unique URL for a reply. Please USE it.

MESSAGE: (#1177) Re: Bolman Troth: the plot thickens
<http://www.darkeman.net/webbbs/preble/webbbs_config.pl?rev/1177>;
AUTHOR: Lee Bolman
DATE: 27 February 2005

Reply To: (#1169) Re: Bolman
Author: charles hart
Date: 24 February 2005

Thanks very much for a helpful and interesting response. It shows Nancy living
with the Troths at the time Orie was born. This raises interesting questions.
Was there an August Bolman? If not, where did the Bolman name come from? From
Nancy's family? (We have a record that says Nancy was born in Ohio in 1845,
but don't know where.)

Could Agust Troth have been Orie's father? We believe Orie was born in 1871.
If Agust was 28, Nancy 25, and Lizzie 33 in 1870, all living in the same home,
this is not totally implausible. Maybe the Troth household was an interesting
place? Did Agust and Lizzie have children?

Orie, who became a Disciples of Christ minister in Illinois, was very
tight-lipped about his father, but the official story was that his parents
were August and Nancy Bolman. The family lore has been that Orie's father
abandoned him and his mother, but maybe it's more complicated than that.

Pike County, IL in 1900 is right: Orie was married (twice, actually) in the
1890s in Pike County.

MESSAGE: (#1178) Re: Bolman Troth: the plot thickens
<http://www.darkeman.net/webbbs/preble/webbbs_config.pl?rev/1178>;
AUTHOR: charles hart
DATE: 28 February 2005

Reply To: (#1177) Re: Bolman Troth: the plot thickens
Author: Lee Bolman
Date: 27 February 2005

In 1880 Agusts J Troth had moved to Franklin Co. Ia. and was married to a
Florence with children Loyson age 7, Carrie age 4, and Irving age 2.

Nancy and Orie are living with the Low 's in 1880
Elizabeth, ex Troth and her mother Casandera

Elizabeth Low died 11-12-1889 and left her feather bed to Orie and the rest of
her possions to Nancy

Believe Nancy is daughter of Robert ann Lucy Bolman/Bulman/Bullman/Boolman
both born Pa, c 1806 was they were in Butler county 1840
Union county Indiana 1850
Preble county Somers Twp. 1860-1880

MESSAGE: (#1180) Re: Bolman Troth: the plot thickens
<http://www.darkeman.net/webbbs/preble/webbbs_config.pl?rev/1180>;
AUTHOR: Lee Bolman
DATE: 1 March 2005

Reply To: (#1178) Re: Bolman Troth: the plot thickens
Author: charles hart
Date: 28 February 2005

Thanks again for very helpful information. It's very interesting that Agustus
headed west leaving Lizzie behind, but she and Nancy apparently bonded.

The Robert & Lucy Bolman/Bulman lead is also very interesting. One question is
that in the 1880 census Nancy's father is listed as born in PA, but her mother
as born in OH.

One of Orie's sons once mentioned a certain Cousin Nell as Orie's one other
known relative, but, he and his generation are all deceased, so it's hard to
find out more about who she was.

In poking around census data, I found one other plausible Bolman -- a Harman
Bolman who was 10 and living in St. Louis in 1850, 21 and living in Preble
County in 1860, then seems to disappear. But 'Harman' doesn't figure in family
history, and wouldn't explain why Orie's dad was supposedly named August.

Thanks again for your help, which provides great information to help in
further research.

MESSAGE: (#1181) Re: Bolman Troth: the plot thickens
<http://www.darkeman.net/webbbs/preble/webbbs_config.pl?rev/1181>;
AUTHOR: charles hart
DATE: 1 March 2005

Reply To: (#1180) Re: Bolman Troth: the plot thickens
Author: Lee Bolman
Date: 1 March 2005

In 1870 Robert ans Lucy spell their name as Boolman in the census
I found a Samuel and Nancy Boolman in Pile county Illinois.
He was 25 and she was 45 if I remember as I did not write it down
Robert and Lucy also had children Catherine, Asa, and Israel
Catherine I believe married a William Hamilton 1870 and died 1876

MESSAGE: (#1182) Re: Bolman Troth: the plot thickens
<http://www.darkeman.net/webbbs/preble/webbbs_config.pl?rev/1182>;

Author: Lee Bolman
Date: 1 March 2005

Augustus Troth was son of William Troth born in Nj. c 1809 wife Rachel born c
1818 with children 1860 Preble census
Agustus 17
William 15
Louisa 8
Almira 5

Lizzie low was daughter of Cassandria Biggs and William Low married Preble
county 09-14-1831

DarkeMan mailto:
Midwest Ohio Genealogy: http://ohgenweb.net/
USGenWeb's Preble Co.: http://ohpreble.ohgenweb.net/