PRICE-L Archives

Archiver > PRICE > 2005-04 > 1112851919

From: "Imogen Hadfield" <>
Subject: VELINDRE, BRECON
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2005 22:31:59 -0700

I have rejoined the list after an absence so will repost my details:

PRICE FAMILY, GLASBURY AND VELINDRE,
BRECONSHIRE/RADNORSHIRE COUNTIES WALES

Children of William and Elizabeth Price: From the 1841 Census of Glasbury,
William age13,
Mary age 12,
John age 7,
our James age 3,
and Evan age 10 months.

William was age 40, listed as a labourer, and Elizabeth age 35, all were
listed as born in the same county. This was confirmed by the following IGI
entries:

William PRICE Gender: M Christening: 6 Jul 1828 Velindre, Brecon, Wales
Mary PRICE Gender: F Christening: 13 Feb 1831 Velindre, Brecon, Wales
John PRICE Gender: M Christening: 1 Dec 1833 Velindre, Brecon, Wales
Evan PRICE Gender: M Christening: 1840 Velindre, Brecon, Wales
James PRICE Gender: M Christening: 23 Jul 1837 Glasbury, Brecon, Wales

"Our" James Price married Mary Palmer and they lived in Hay, Glasbury and
Cusop with children:
Married November 17th, 1862, at Trevechan Church, South Wales. James would
have been 25 yrs old. Mary Palmer was from Abergavenny

Their children were:

1. William Francis Price, born October 26, 1863 May have gone to
California??
2. Mary Elizabeth Price, born April 29th, 1865 Remained in Wales, no
information
3. James Price, born August 12, 1867 Emigrated to Australia, prob died about
1960?? Family ??
4. Elizabeth Price born September 26th 1869 (later legally changed to
Lillian Mary). remained in Wales
5. Frank Price born January 16th 1872 Emigrated to Burnaby BC Canada about
1903 Family in BC
6. John Price born April 23, 1874 (my Grandfather) d about 1956 in Victoria
BC. Large family in BC
7. Herbert Price born May 3, 1876 Emigrated to Burnaby BC about 1903. Large
family here
8. Ann Price born March 22, 1879 Married Robert Holmes, Barry S.Wales. Large
family, some in BC
9. Rachel Price born July 1881 (died in infancy)
10. Isabella Price born August 22, 1883 (Belle) emigrated to Washington
State about 1920? G daughter LeAnn Fields.

John (Jack) Price above married 1st Letitia Penney b. Liverpool and 2ndly
Edith Sarah Tudge

Is anyone on the list related? and does anyone have details on Jim Price in
Australia? Alive and 85 in 1952, location unknown

Thanks
Barry Price
Consulting Geologist
North Vancouver