PRICE-L Archives

Archiver > PRICE > 2013-03 > 1362356158

From: "Scott MacKenzie" <>
Subject: Re: [PRICE] John F.Price About 1843 Kentucky estimated1907Barrenfork, Ozark Missouri
Date: Sun, 03 Mar 2013 19:15:58 -0500
References: <!&!AAAAAAAAAAAYAAAAAAAAABSE7eQalMlPqSK6qtfcYffCgAAAEAAAAIIhJFdpH+BMoc+r/TlYye8BAAAAAA==@verizon.net><CD97DCE4-51E1-45EF-800B-8706D4E2679A@sbcglobal.net><!&!AAAAAAAAAAAYAAAAAAAAABSE7eQalMlPqSK6qtfcYffCgAAAEAAAADv47WYKv6RPoIoGXNdSKFEBAAAAAA==@verizon.net><4CBFE82D-8089-4F71-8FC1-91FF73D08E3E@sbcglobal.net><!&!AAAAAAAAAAAYAAAAAAAAABSE7eQalMlPqSK6qtfcYffCgAAAEAAAAGB21tmJzfdPh343XwXiTUoBAAAAAA==@verizon.net><BA714411-10EB-4AB5-976D-B99CC045FCE5@sbcglobal.net><!&!AAAAAAAAAAAYAAAAAAAAABSE7eQalMlPqSK6qtfcYffCgAAAEAAAAJtDYLky1d1HpfKjK/2s5fwBAAAAAA==@verizon.net><769F9ABD-AD10-41F1-A111-886334555D5E@sbcglobal.net><!&!AAAAAAAAAAAYAAAAAAAAABSE7eQalMlPqSK6qtfcYffCgAAAEAAAAB/488+1J99OpyaQwy49ps8BAAAAAA==@verizon.net><D7DD7EB2-5650-4030-BBB8-91F08F1C91F4@sbcglobal.net><!&!AAAAAAAAAAAYAAAAAAAAABSE7eQalMlPqSK6qtfcYffCgAAAEAAAAAoT8sb4GY1Igtu9aN1cGIEBAAAAAA==@verizon.net><D5F11A9A-789E-456C-8C46-B0D28224B9CC@sbcglobal.net><77C13887-4E19-4D75-B75D-4717EFF65AF8@sbcglobal.net>
In-Reply-To: <77C13887-4E19-4D75-B75D-4717EFF65AF8@sbcglobal.net>

As I said - he is a ghost....

From: [mailto:] On
Behalf Of Ron/Sue Frederick
Sent: Sunday, March 03, 2013 6:56 PM
Subject: Re: [PRICE] John F. Price About 1843 Kentucky
estimated1907Barrenfork, Ozark Missouri

My great aunt, who was baby of family, remembered visiting relatives in
Pulaski county which is near Rolla. No one seems to know who that was.

Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 3, 2013, at 3:22 PM, Ron/Sue Frederick <> wrote:

> School of Mines has great reputation.
> Sent from my iPhone
> On Mar 2, 2013, at 11:36 PM, "Scott MacKenzie" <> wrote:
>> That is where I got my PhD and MS in Engineering.
>> This John Price married Lucenia Dunnegan. They had a daughter
>> Louisiana Price who married James Pendergraph and died 1940 Broken
>> Arrow OK. Their daughter Allie Fay Pendergraph. Allie Fay married Obie
Ernest Dilldine.
>> This was my wife's grandmother.
>> Somehow I think she is related to the Price's of Green County...
>> -----Original Message-----
>> From: [mailto:]
>> On Behalf Of Ron/Sue Frederick
>> Sent: Sunday, March 03, 2013 12:25 AM
>> To:
>> Subject: Re: [PRICE] John F. Price About 1843 Kentucky
>> estimated1907Barrenfork, Ozark Missouri
>> Ok. Familiar with Rolla. I was born in Ozark county (Bakersfield).
>> Moved to West Plains at about five, to OK at age 12. My parents,
>> grandparents, great-grandparents all lived in Ozark county.
>> Sent from my iPad
>> On Mar 2, 2013, at 10:58 PM, "Scott MacKenzie" <>
wrote:
>>> No - Dent county. It is small county south of Rolla Missouri - due
>>> south of St. James MO, with the county seat of Salem MO.
>>>
>>> -----Original Message-----
>>> From: [mailto:]
>>> On Behalf Of Ron/Sue Frederick
>>> Sent: Saturday, March 02, 2013 11:55 PM
>>> To:
>>> Subject: Re: [PRICE] John F. Price About 1843 Kentucky
>>> estimated1907Barrenfork, Ozark Missouri
>>>
>>> Are you describing Ozark county? Not familiar with Dent county.
>>>
>>> Sent from my iPad
>>>
>>> On Mar 2, 2013, at 8:02 PM, "Scott MacKenzie" <>
wrote:
>>>
>>>> Dent County - due west of West Plains, about halfway between
>>>> Branson and West Plains.
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> Sent from my iPhone
>>>>
>>>> On Mar 1, 2013, at 10:27 PM, "Scott MacKenzie" <>
>> wrote:
>>>>
>>>>> Unfortunately, my John had died by that time - perhaps a son perhaps?
>>>>>
>>>>>> No, but he had a son Samuel, who was born 1865 and died 1943 as
>>>>>> far as I can tell - buried in Souder Cemetery if that is the
>>>>>> proper Samuel
>>>> Price.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> I looked at several of the trees on ancestry - most have Jane
>>>>>> Fielding as the mother but no father. This is based on a census
>>>>>> record, showing in proximity to the Dunnegans - but I have been
>>>>>> able to find nothing to show that this John Price is actually the
>>>>>> John Price that I am
>>>>> looking for.
>>>>>> Also, there is nothing showing his father.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Scott
>>>>>>
>>>>>> -----Original Message-----
>>>>>> From:
>>>>>> [mailto:]
>>>>>> On Behalf Of Ron/Sue Frederick
>>>>>> Sent: Friday, March 01, 2013 10:45 PM
>>>>>> To:
>>>>>> Subject: Re: [PRICE] John F. Price About 1843 Kentucky estimated
>>>>>> 1907Barrenfork, Ozark Missouri
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Any chance he went by Samuel? I also have a ghost in Ozark county
>>>>>> I've looked for for years. My great-great grandfather.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Sent from my iPhone
>>>>>>
>>>>>> On Mar 1, 2013, at 9:23 PM, "Scott MacKenzie"
>>>>>> <>
>>> wrote:
>>>>>>
>>>>>>> All:
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> I am trying to find the parents of John F. Price, who married
>>>>>>> Lucenia Dunnegan 21 June 1861 in Gainsville Ozark Missouri. He
>>>>>>> is buried in the Loftis Cemetery, Wilhout, Ozark, Missouri.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> The census records place his birth variously between 1838 and
>>>>>>> 1843 in Kentucky. I have tried to find a death certificate -
>>>>>>> but no death certificate apparently exists. His father and
>>>>>>> mother were born in KY from the 1880 census.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Anyone know of anything I can do to help find the parents? He
>>>>>>> is like a ghost.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Scott
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> -------------------------------
>>>>>>> To unsubscribe from the list, please send an email to
>>>>>>> with the word 'unsubscribe' without
>>>>>>> the quotes in the subject and the body of the message
>>>>>>
>> with the word 'unsubscribe' without the
>> quotes in the subject and the body of the message
>> -------------------------------
>> To unsubscribe from the list, please send an email to
>> with the word 'unsubscribe' without the
>> quotes in the subject and the body of the message
> with the word 'unsubscribe' without the
> quotes in the subject and the body of the message

-------------------------------
with the word 'unsubscribe' without the quotes in
the subject and the body of the message