PRINCE-L Archives

Archiver > PRINCE > 2008-07 > 1215880922

From: charles orear <>
Subject: Re: [PRINCE] Missouri Zue Prince
Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2008 09:42:02 -0700 (PDT)

Phil,

Thank you ,Rita and Danielle for replying to my post. First I'd like to say I agree with you that the Wm. of KY. and Wm. of GA are indeed the same person. It is my believe that Wm. and John(John Wm. Prince), father to my ancestor Thomas were brothers. I also am of the theory that their parents were a John and Mary Prince.

If you look at the 1809 Tax List of Russell County VA. you find John, John Jr., and Wm. Prince listed. Rachel stated her and Wm. were married in Russell County. This tax list place all three of them together, with the difference in Johns being made with reference to Sr. and Jr. The 1810 Census of Russell County however only lists John and John. The 1820 Russell County Census list only one John, and we know Wm. is in Floyd County KY. However you'll find a Rachel Prince on the 1820 Giles County Census p.120.

The reason I belive Wm. and John Jr.'s (aka John Wm. Prince) mother is also named Mary(perhaps the elusive Miss Giles) is on the 1820 Scott County VA. Census you find Polly( a common period nickname for Mary), Prince aged between 25-44 with several children. I believe to be the same Mary Prince found later on the 1850 Carter County KY. Census aged 78(?) birthplace NC., and on the 1860 Lawrence County Census in the household of Thomas Prince aged 90, birthplace SC. as a boarder. If she were Thomas' mother I think she'd be listed as such. As a grandmother she would be a boarder.(?) After all wasn't our two timing William's Mmother born in SC.?

My direct line is
John Prince m. Mary ?(born SC.)
John Prince m. Mary ?(born VA.)
Thomas Prince (1810 VA- 1877KY.) Lawrence County Death Registar of 1877 lists the death of Thomas and parents as John and Mary Prince., Thomas of couse married Hannah Terry.
Miles T. Prince(1834 -1865KY)m Lucinda Rigsby
John W. Prince(1859-1907?KY) m Nancy Jane Creech
Mary Malinda Prince(1882KY-1958MO) m Geo. W. Lyon
Nancy Ellen Lyon(1913KY-1995MO) m Jerry O. Bristol..my grandparents

Charles

PS I have some new thoughts about the Indian/Native American origins for a later post.

wrote:
Hello

It is my belief, and this is controversial, that the William Prince found in 1820 Floyd county KY and 1830 Lawrence county KY is the same that appears in both the 1850 censuses of Habersham county Ga. and Murray county Ga. William Prince was enumerated twice in this census year. I have not found him after 1850. I have his descendants starting with his wife, Arty (Mullins), but have done little research on his family with wife Rachel. Pam Dawson certainly would be able to help you with data on his life and descendants in early KY. If you would like the data I have then I would be happy to share this with you. Perhaps through our efforts I can satisify my belief beyond a doubt that the two William Princes, KY and GA, were indeed the same man.

Phil Prince
--
Remember the words of the dying
scholar as his pupils gathered at