PRUSSIA-ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > PRUSSIA-ROOTS > 2011-04 > 1301791926

From: Gerald Kattke <>
Subject: [PRUSSIA-ROOTS] German Language Newspapers Northern Illinois
Date: Sat, 2 Apr 2011 19:52:06 -0500

My grandfather, Julius Kottke, came to the US in 1884; I found his
"Declaration of Intent" at Freeport, Illinois, dated 1889. I have been
frustrated for years attempting to trace him. I would like to try
German language newspapers, but the ones that I have seen said very
little about Germans here in the US; they were mostly news from the
"old country." Does anyone on this list know of a German-language
paper from northern Illinois that contains news of German immigrants?

Thanks
Jerry Kattke

This thread: