PRUSSIA-ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > PRUSSIA-ROOTS > 2013-02 > 1360525539

From: Albert Muth <>
Subject: Re: [PRUSSIA-ROOTS] working with images at the Polish State Archives
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2013 14:45:39 -0500

I have already answered Claudine privately, since she is
an SGGEE member (this is an organization dealing with
German ancestry in Russian Poland and Volhynia, or Western
Ukraine).

The SGGEE journals are available to members only. My article
was published in PGSM's Eaglet, SGGEE's Journal, and
is slated for reprint in two other journals as well.

However, many free resources can be found at the SGGEE website
www.sggee.org

Templates for records are at SGGEE website
Opening page, find the tab "research", then
look for translation aids. Both Polish and Russian
available here.

Then, for another set of options, go back to start page.
Find "research" tab again.
Then "database links"
then "SGGEE public"

When this page opens, look for the second huge green bullet
for Trinity Lutheran Church - Lublin.
While the example of record types page is helpful (see
https://www.sggee.org/research/parishes/lublin_records/record_types.html),
the page that is a MUST consult is
https://www.sggee.org/research/rus_translate/nap_documents.html. This is
worth looking at for anyone looking at records from Poland written in
Russian, whether Lutheran, Catholic or Jewish.

The Lublin Project is one of SGGEE's prides and joys. Many of you are
familiar
with the LDS project involving Catholic records from Lublin archives. The
Lutheran ones were filmed ie digital images taken at the same time. For a
short history, see
https://www.sggee.org/research/parishes/lublin_records/lublin_team_history.html

Al Muth

On Sun, Feb 10, 2013 at 2:13 PM, Claudine Schlieffers <